Load shade scheduling schedule has been issued to make residents better prepared for electricity reduction in the city.
A city statement from Cape Town said that city of Cape Town today advises residents to turn off energy-hungry devices to reduce load-sizing effects.
City can generate additional energy due to the Steinbras Hydroelectric Power Scheme to support City City supply customers, but if demand grows then City can only help on stage 1. Escum indicates that he is experiencing a system crisis. Just now "
Residents could quickly react to the stage 1 load shed on Saturday due to their use cut.
The city has urged residents to reduce consumption on Sundays, because stage 2 load shading was effective.
"Residents can get started by:
* Turn off the devices you do not need
* Delay on lights and devices for the top period (between 17:00 and 21:00) whenever possible
* Switch your pull pumps, geezer and other large electrical equipment, and do not run both at the same time
* If you need to use it, arrange the air conditioners in 23 degrees Celsius
* Click here for more tips on saving electricity and following load-shading development here.
"Although load-shading is usually done with a very short notice, simple intervention can mean that the lights are kept in the city and shed according to the schedule."
* Communication: When power is available, make sure your cell phone, laptop, tablet and radio are always charged. During this load-shading, you will be able to communicate with friends and family
* Transport: Make sure your vehicle always has fuel in the tank because most petrol stations are unable to pump fuel during a power outage.
* Cash: ATMs can not be operated without electricity, as you have some cash on them
* Security and safety: Backup batteries should be kept in good working condition for electrical operated doors, garage doors and safety systems, and should be run during load-shading period. Store spaces like battery powered torches, gas lamps and candles in a temporary light, where they will be easy to spot in the dark
* Diet: If you do not have a gas stove, prepare a meal before the power is scheduled to stop. Boil water in your kettle and keep it in a thermos flask for hot drinks. You can also use insulating cover on tapes, bots and pens to keep the drink and food warm.
* Most drugs require refrigeration, it can be spoiled for a few hours in a frozen fridge but if you suspect you should check with your doctor or pharmacist.