Thursday , January 21 2021

Men are expected to start the injured overstream fire



Last week, the person accused of launching a devastating ditch passing through the Overstrand area in Western Cape is expected to appear in the Caledon Magistrates' Court on Monday.

34-year-old Nature Defense is accused of violation of law.

Fire has affected the areas of Betty Bay, Pringle Bay, Hangclip and Rue Els.

Read: Betty Bay, Pringle Bay, a man making disastrous arrest

One person has been reported dead.

It is unclear whether a charge sheet will be added to the charge sheet, the police forensics should see that the dead have died as a result of the fire.

On Thursday, police spokesman Captain Harold Nakwennei told News24 that he was a witness to the alleged violation.

"We have also met witnesses. We have locked the suspect at the Clayman police station."

It is understood that on New Year's day the volcano was erupted in the Bay of Betty, which set fire to the mountains.

Read: Wetting of Betty Bay: Wind, the terrain blocks the fire out of the fire effort

That fire is still running in the mountains, firefighters work day and night to extricate it.

The R 44 night between Gordon's Bay and Rue Ells was closed as the fire spread to Kogelsbay.

Kenny Africa, head of West Cape Traffic, said that he will resume on Monday at 09:00.

Cape Town Fire Services spokeswoman Theo Lane said in the city that fire near the Kogelsby Mountain was largely consolidated, while firefighting efforts were continued in the surrounding area.


Source link