Friday , June 25 2021

The woman had to have her hands and feet amputated



The woman loses hands and feet after being infected by the dog's saliva

A US woman has to be amputated with both hands and feet after being infected with a dangerous bacterium. She was apparently infected with the saliva of her dog. The pathogen discovered in the patient can also have fatal consequences.

Infected by the saliva of her pet

An Ohio woman had to have both hands and feet amputated following a dog salivary infection – perhaps after one of her favorite pets licked her, Yahoo! News. "Mary Koch told broadcaster Fox 8 News that her terrible ordeal began when she and her husband returned from a Caribbean vacation earlier this year.

The dog scratches the fur
US In, a woman cut off both her legs and feet as she was infected with a dangerous bacterium by the saliva of her dog. (Photo: NateJind.com / Fotolia.com)

The patient initially thought about the flu

When Mrs. Trainer began to experience nausea and back pain, she initially thought she had the flu. But when her temperature started to fluctuate, she went to a hospital.

It quickly got worse there. Within a few hours he developed sepsis (blood poisoning).

As the gangrene began to deteriorate her organs, doctors put the woman in a coma that lasted ten days.

The coach said, & # 39; When I opened my eyes, I didn't know where I was. & # 39; "Then I found out … when I realized they had to remove my legs and hands … it was very difficult to handle," she continued.

The patient spent a total of 80 days in the hospital.

Blood tests showed that she was infected with Kaponocytophaga bacterium.

Mrs Trainor's doctors suspect one of her dogs has a minor itch on her arm, resulting in a blood clot infection.

Although doctors removed as much blood clots as possible to save their lives, it was too late to save their organs.

Infection can be fatal

Kaponocytophaga bacterium occurs in the mouths of dogs and cats.

"In its natural environment, the dog's or cat's mouth, the bacterium Capnositophaga kinimorus does no harm," Basel explains on the university's own website.

"However, if the pathogen enters human tissues and blood through a bite or scratch, it can lead to serious illnesses," the experts write.

"In the absence of antibiotics treatment, bacteria can multiply irregular and dangerous infections such as gangrene, blood poisoning, meningitis or endocarditis, heartburn, trigger."

According to the Swiss University, bacterial infections can also lead to death in extreme cases.

With intact immunity, there is usually no danger

Yahoo News reports! Tsunamon Chakraborty, Trillium Health Partners – Specialist for Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine at Mississauga Hospital, Canada, reports that some types of Caponocytophaga occur in human oral flora as well.

"Humans can also be exposed to animal versions of the bacterium through contact with cat or dog saliva," says Chakraborty.

"This can be caused by a bite, leak or scratch, usually by a dog. Most forms of K-pnocytophaga from animal animals do not cause disease in humans, and most people with normal immune systems do not get sick from exposure," the physician explained.

According to a person skilled in the art, capnositophaga usually causes serious infections only in people with certain health problems such as advanced liver disease, asplenia, or heavy alcohol intake.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), people with poor immunity, such as cancer or HIV infection, are at higher risk of disease.

The first clues

In the case of an infection in Capnositophaga it occurs several hours. For example, after a cat or dog bite, bubbles surround the sting.

Other symptoms may include: redness, swelling, pus or sting pain, fever, diarrhea, abdominal pain, om ligament, headache, confusion, and muscle and joint pain.

According to reports, most people who get sick show symptoms within three to five days of stinging.

Reportedly, infections leading to sepsis can lead to death within 24 to 72 hours after the onset of symptoms.

Avoid infections

The CDC recommends that you wash the bite immediately with soap and water.

The best way to avoid infection is to avoid biting, scratching and lick cats and dogs.

It advises patients who do not have a functioning spleen and to avoid close contact with these animals.

When someone is bitten by a cat or dog, especially in a sensitive state, it is usually prescribed short antibiotic therapy to prevent the infection.

"As a doctor of infectious diseases, I recommend people not to lick by an animal," says Chakraborty.

But, "it's important to remember that this is a very rare disease that affects people with certain health issues. If you do not have any of the above problems, you can still walk by your dog or cat without the risk of serious problems. "(Ad)

Sources:

  • University of Basel: Animals to Humans: How Dangerous is Bacteria ?, (available on 13.08.2019), University of Basel


Source link