Microsoft today released a new Windows 10 preview with new features such as automatic restart and sign on (ARSO) for support and enterprise support for Windows sandbox, symbols and simulations. It includes start, Windows security, clipboard, sign-in, task manager, troubleshooting, settings and file explorer. This build is from the 19H1 branch, which will be in the first half of the year.
Windows 10 is being developed as a service, which means it gets new features on a regular basis. Microsoft has released six major updates so far: Updated November, Anniversary Update, Creator Updates, Fall Creators Update, Update April 2018, and October 2018 Update.
This build simplifies the default start layout for new devices, new user accounts and clean installations. It has a column design, reduced high-level tiles, and a corresponding version for commercial and education customers. If you are upgrading to this build, you will not see a new layout because Windows updates will not change what appears in your Start menu.
Microsoft has described Windows sandbox as "a different lightweight desktop environment, built specifically for the running applications in loneliness." It is where you can execute an executable file, about which you are not sure or fire up the clean installation of windows without setting a virtual machine. Any software installed in the Windows sandbox remains in the sandbox only and once it's off, all its files are deleted. This feature will be aboard with Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise.
Speaking of security features, Windows Security has a new Protection History experience. It still shows you detection by Windows Defender Antivirus, but it also includes results from the Windows Defender Offline Scanning tool and gives more detailed information about threats and available actions. Additionally, there is now a Troupe Protection setting that provides additional security against changes in key security features, including changes that are not directly linked to a limited windows security application.
In addition to emoji, when you press Win + (Period) or Win + (Semicolon), the picker now includes symbols (punctuation, currency, geometric, math, Latin, language) and works. This experience started with the 18252 build, but now it is available for all Windows Insiders.
Claude powered clipboard (Windows key + V) has been updated to provide more compact UI. Because 90% of the things in clipboard history are text, designs are now optimized for text snippets, which means more entries can be shown without scrolling.
As part of Microsoft's quest to kill a password, the company is adding support for sign up and signing in to Windows with the phone number account. You can use a SMS code to set up your account first and then use Windows Hello Face, fingerprint or PIN to sign in. Speaking of PINs, the Windows Hello Pin Reset experience has been redesigned to match the look. Web
In addition to critical troubleshooting, which can not be automatically done and shut down, Windows 10 will now recommend troubleshooting for other issues. An example temporarily offers to close the setting, which sometimes crashes an app or feature. You can turn it back on after a problem has been resolved with an update.
ARSO automatically sign in to the user after updating to sign up and then lock the PC. This feature will be enabled on the Cloud Domain (Settings => Accounts => Sign-in Options => Privacy) which is connected to certain security requirements devices: The bitcoaker is enabled and the upgrade is not suspended during TPM 2.0 and SecureBoot.
If you have a prominent tab in the Task Manager, you can set it as the default tab (options => set the default tab). When you launch the Task Manager, it will start right there.
The settings home page now has a header at the top that allows you to take quick action for things like signing in and managing your Microsoft account. It also gives you easily visible system mode, such as when updates are available.
With the 18272 build, file explorer got a new default date format named Friendly Dates. Now it's easy to turn off (right-click on modified columns and toggles).
After being taken offline a few weeks ago, the new Japanese IME has returned, though by rolled rollout. It includes advanced key customization options and improved candidate window credibility.
– Emile Protolinski (@Epro) December 19, 2018
This build also introduces a new office application and integrates the courthouse with Microsoft to-do.
Bug fixes and known issues
This 19H1 build includes the following general bug fixes and improvements:
- Correcting the problem resulted in bug fixes in "Verbal Security Verification Failure", while creating / starting VM or error while scanning / scanning with specific AV applications.
- When using the dark theme, file explorer has fixed the problem with open folder icon white background.
- Fixed a problem in the build before the settings were being created while opening the speech settings.
- The last few flights have the Action Center to freeze issues that are not open animations.
- Suspend the issues listed activities so that you can easily stand when you start opening, everyone unexpectedly used the old timestamp.
- Fixed an issue where the search box in the taskbar had ended black in the light theme.
- Stabilize some views, resulting in the taskbar becoming unexpectedly transparent.
- An issue has been resolved that most of the CPU's workhostw.exe could result in unexpectedly for most of the time in the workspace.
- In recent builds, the issue that will crash the setting while clicking on the "View storage usage on other drives" option under System> Storage has been resolved.
- Configure the storage senses in "Delete the previous version of Windows" where no issue is not resolved, it can not be selected.
- Backup as a result of the issue resolved Unexpectedly writing a message written to some people failed (error code 0x80070013).
- When the Search section appears in Settings, it will now come back to Update and Security.
- Fixed the issue where some pages in settings have more space than others.
- No problem has been fixed, as a result of which ☆ and some other characters do not appear correctly in specific text fields.
- Windows Ink Workspace solves a problem while using the old Microsoft Store icon.
- Emoji Picker stabilizes an issue that may lead partly off-screen to the bottom of the Emoji Picker screen.
- When the second line of the input indicator in the taskbar was shown, the issue that was not readable in the light theme was resolved.
- Updating messaging in sniping tool to include tips about using WIN + Shift + S to help improve search efficiency.
- An error has been fixed where you can not sort through the "Shared GPU Memory" column in the Task Manager Details tab.
- Even though the session has been disconnected, sleeping with a message "a miracost session is currently connected" has fixed a problem preventing the device from shalexperienceHost.exe.
- An issue was resolved from the previous flight, where some of the systems failed to start high definition audio controller code 10, which resulted in no audio from onboard speakers and microphones.
Today updated 18298 (made available to the testers on December 10) to bind Windows 10 to build 18305.
There are 11 well known issues in this build:
- If insight is enabled, then hyperlink colors need to be refined in dark mode.
- The Windows Security application can show an unknown status for the virus and threatened security field or refresh it properly. This can be done after upgrading, restarting, or changing settings.
- Cmimanageworker.exe may stop the process, slows down or maximizes system usage with normal CPU usage. If this happens, then the machine can be rebooted by bypassing it.
- Launching games that use the Battlefield Anti-Cheat will trigger a bug check (green screen).
- USB printers can appear twice in devices and printers under the control panel. Reinstalling the printer resolves the issue.
- Clicking your account in the court's permissions is not bringing the UI to the sign out of the court for some users in this build.
- If you are using Hyper-V and have added external videocasses besides the default, many UWP apps will not be able to connect to the internet. This solution will be removed by removing extra vS attachments.
- The task scheduler UI can look empty even though scheduled tasks. For now, if you want to see them, you have to use the command line.
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly.
- While trying to update to build 18305, some S mode devices will be downloaded and resumed, but the update will be unsuccessful.
- If you install any recent builds from the fast ring and switch to a slow ring – enabling optional content such as developer mode will fail. To add / install / enable optional content you have to stay in the fast ring. This is because alternative content will only be installed on approved buildings for specific rings.
As always, do not install this on your production machine.