Thursday , September 16 2021

The man's dentures were stuck in his throat during surgery

  • One person had his teeth bruised for one week after surgery, according to a recently published case study.
  • Surgery૨ The 9-year-old went to the emergency room after surgery because he was having trouble breathing and coughing up blood.
  • It took doctors eight days to find that her dentures were closed in her wrists.
  • Item was successfully removed.
  • Visit INSIDER's homepage for more.

You know the thing where you can't find your glasses, but they were just in your head? It was just like that for a man who inadvertently had his teeth bruised for a week after surgery – just worse.

According to a case study published in the BMJ, the 72-year-old man went to the emergency room after surgery as he was having trouble breathing, suffering and swallowing.

When he first visited the emergency room six days after his surgery, he was diagnosed with pneumonia and given medication to treat infections and coughs. But two days later, he returned to the emergency room.

The man, whose identity has not been released, experiences worsening symptoms. The man said that in addition to the symptoms described earlier, he was experiencing increased pain, loss of voice, and could not swallow the prescription.

This time, the doctors found the culprit: a pair of teeth in his or her chest. The man was stunned – he thought the dentures were lost at the hospital when he underwent surgery last week, according to a case study.

read more: Dentists pulled more than 500 teeth from a 7-year-old boy's mouth

It's not immediately clear how the dentures ended up in his throat.

Associate Editor of BMJ Case Reports Rui Amaral Mendez told the Associated Press that the case illustrates how important the doctor-client interaction is.

"Be on the safe side," he said. "Inform your physician about what your physician is doing."

Another operation was needed to remove the dentures. He was discharged from the hospital six days later.

Source link